I don’t rock climb, but I know just about as many ways to use carabiners as any expert belayer on the cliff.
As a busy family full of frequent travelers, carabiners have quickly become our go-to solution to just about every clutter management and survival issue we’ve encountered!
30 Non-Cliffside Ways to Use Carabiners
Here are a few quick-and-dirty tips to use carabiners of all shapes and sizes:
- Hook a water bottle (with a loop lid) to your bag.
- Hang stuff around your front door nob so you won’t forget it.
- Brass knuckles for emergency self defense.
- Keep keys together and detach them in a flash.
- Stay cool by keeping a fan on-hand.
- Hang scarves in a closet.
- Meat tenderizer.
- Clothesline attacher.
- Loop table legs together with a large carabiner for a bigger space that won’t keep pulling apart.
- Ensure that your kids stop losing their stuffed animals by looping it through the manufacturing tag.
- Keep shoes together in a cluttered closet.
- Extend a short zipper.
- Free up your shopping hands at the mall by hooking bag handles together. Loop the whole thing from your stroller or cart!
- Stop losing your baseball hat.
- Air-dry your swimsuit.
- Emergency slingshot.
- Hang signs anywhere.
- Bottle opener.
- Untangle electrical cords.
- Communicate a quick message to your kids’ teacher by inserting a note in a plastic sleeve or ziplock bag and clipping it to your kids’ backpack.
- For babysitters, laminate important documents and loop them from a key hanger by the front door.
- Get buckets and tools off the ground by clipping them to a fence.
- Keep losing your ponytail holders? Loop them all together!
- Attach to the ends of a tarp and hook it to a tree for some instant shade.
- Increase closet storage space by hanging belts like this.
- Organize coupons or reward cards.
- Hang purses from a chain.
- Make a coat rack with a towel rod and some carabiners.
- Dog leash attachment.
- Rappel a bucket up and down from your kids’ tree fort. They’ll get a kick out of it.
What are some of your favorite ways to use carabiners?