Do you ever have that one item in your cupboard or fridge that’s just bound to go bad no matter what because your family doesn’t eat enough of it? Well that’s bread in our home. So when my daughter came up to me last week and asked for a peanut butter sandwich I had to get a bit creative. And that’s where this 4 Ingredient Beer Bread came from.
I’m amazed at how simple it is to make bread with 4 ingredients. But it’s totally doable. And this bread? Yeah… it’s good! Well… good enough for my kids to eat the whole loaf in a day (with peanut butter, of course, for my daughter).
I can admit that there are quite a few other ways to make beer bread that might change or alter how much you love it (I’ve read you can have add ins like herbs, etc) but this basic recipe is perfect for us right now.
- 1 12 ounce bottle of beer, room temperature (unopened)
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly butter a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and beer until dough is wet and all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Dump the dough into the loaf pan and top with melted butter. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a smear of butter (or peanut butter if you're my daughter) and enjoy!
What do you love to eat peanut butter with (besides this 4 ingredient beer bread)?