I've noticed a severe lack of mass-produced shaped candies for Christmas. Easter's full of chocolate bunnies and marshmallow chicks, Valentine's Day has all sorts of heart confections…but Christmas gets what? Where are the Santa-shaped lollipops or chocolate reindeer? It's high time we make a new Christmas treat tradition beyond cookies shaped like arbitrary men or homes made of gingerbread. It's time for Rudolph to have his day in the kitchen.
- 1 package Dove Promises Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate
- 1 Dove 71% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar
- ¾ cup Holiday M&M’S
- 1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
- Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Unwrap all of the Dove Promises Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate. Set aside ten pieces to serve as faces for the reindeer.
- Melt the Dove chocolate bar and remaining Dove Promises Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat. (Alternately, you may melt it in the microwave by cooking on high at 30 second intervals).
- Dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the parchment paper into an antler shape with a piece of Dove Promises Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate serving as the reindeer face.
- Place the M&M’S on each antler as it is finished. Dip one side of a red M&M in the chocolate and place on the Dove Promises Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate piece to serve as a nose.
- Let the chocolate cool completely and harden.
- Once firm, remove them from the parchment paper and serve.
How to make Chocolate Reindeer
I find it easiest to break up the pretzel sticks and lay them out in the shape of antlers first. This way, you won't be trying to figure out where to place all of your pretzel sticks when they're already covered in chocolate.
Melt the chocolate over the stove or in the microwave, stirring frequently.
Dip the pretzel sticks in the chocolate (your fingers will wind up getting very messy for this…break out an apron and give in to the chocolatey mess!).
Lay the pretzel sticks in antler shapes above a piece of dark chocolate.
Add M&M's on top of the pretzel sticks to adorn the antlers.
Dip one side of a re M&M into the melted chocolate and place it on the unmelted piece of dark chocolate to serve as Rudolph's nose.
Let them firm completely (this takes a couple of hours) before carefully peeling off of the parchment paper and serving.
We keep Dove dark chocolate on hand at all times for the holidays. It's the perfect dipping chocolate for anything you happen to have on hand: pretzels, fruit, cookies, you name it. Use it to create your own little chocolate reindeer or get creative, drizzling it over all sorts of confections! Click to sweeten the holidays with Silky Smooth Dove Chocolate.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.