Are you drinking enough water? Keeping well-hydrated is key to staying healthy, yet it’s something that many people struggle with–myself included. I know it’s an important thing, yet it can be so easy for me to go for hours without having any water. For me, I know that when I’m drinking enough water, I feel much better. So, lately, I’ve been really trying make a very conscious effort to keep better hydrated. Here are some tips to help keep your water intake up.
Tips for Drinking Enough Water
- Drink from a straw. For some reason, I find that I drink SO much more water when I drink it from a cup with a straw. Maybe it’s because I don’t have to lift up a cup or bottle, or maybe it’s just because straws are fun. I’m not exactly sure. But, I’ve found this to really work for me over the years.
- Have a visual aid. Make a chart on your fridge with water glasses to check off. Or, use a favorite fitness app to track your water intake. For some, having a something like that to check off is really helpful.
- First & last thing. Make it a goal to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning. To help my water intake, I’ve added the goal to drink a glass of water just before bed too. Just by doing that alone you can add 16+ ounces to your daily water intake.
- Keep water with you everywhere. Make sure you have a bottle/glass of water with you while you’re working, in the car, in your workout bag/purse/diaper bag, etc. It’s a good reminder. Plus, you can’t drink it if you don’t have it with you!
- Find a water you like! The issue for some is that the don’t like the taste of water. So, find a water that you like. You can make your own naturally flavored waters at home (with things like cucumber, lemon, lime, mint, berries, etc). But, on the go, bottled water is often more convenient. So, experiment and find one that you like. Recently, I was sent some resource® Natural Spring Water to try out and I like that has a refreshing, crisp taste. It’s 100% naturally sourced spring water with naturally occurring electrolytes AND the packaging is made with 50% recycled plastic.
I just drank one entire bottle while writing this post!
What tips do YOU have for drinking enough water?
resource® Natural Spring Water is a holistic bottled water brand that sustains a lifestyle of wellbeing – spring water with naturally occurring electrolytes for taste, a bottle made from 50% recycled plastic [excluding label and cap], and a source for discovery and enlightenment.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by resource® Natural Spring Water via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of resource® Natural Spring Water.