Things have been super busy already this year. Do you agree? I feel like we have been non-stop with activities, work, events and holidays. One of the easiest time savers for me is to get dinner done in the morning. I love super easy and fun crock pot meals. One of my absolute favorites is my “Easy Crock Pot Carnitas”. I love this dish because there is really no work to it. Just grab your ingredients and toss them in the crock pot.
- Pork Roast (Can be a roast or loin)
- 1 Jar of Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ½ cup of Water
- 1 Package of Tortillas
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Bell Pepper
- ½ cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Toss the first 5 ingredients into the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Slice Avocado, tomato and bell pepper into thin slices
- Heat tortillas on the stove
- Add your toppings and serve
We had these easy carnitas tacos for dinner last night. This is such an easy meal to have on hand for busy days. If you are lucky you might even have enough for leftovers. If you aren”t in the mood for tacos, you can always use the carnitas in a burrito, tostada, nachos or enchiladas. My husband said he was going to add some BBQ Sauce and make a shredded pork sandwich. Sounds good to me!