My husband and I are really good at enjoying date nights at least once a month. Date nights don't have to be nights out on the town, they can be as simple as waiting for the kids to go to bed and enjoying dinner or dessert together. This weekend we did the latter and enjoyed a delicious meal at home. And this gluten-free flourless chocolate cake with raspberries served to be a delicious dessert!
Date nights are important. Not only do they help give us a little time together, they help strengthen our bond and give us time to talk not only about the kids but about life, our plans, and what we've been up to.
With the crazy weeknights we have – my husband gets home right as we eat dinner and then it's off to prepping for our bedtime routine – the weekend is a great time for us to unwind, relax, and enjoy a date night in.
When I make dinner at home – especially for our special date nights in – I try not to skimp. And that means enjoying delicious specialty chocolates like this Pascha organic dark chocolate in the desserts I make. Why enjoy a bar of chocolate each when I can get 6 individual cakes instead? 3 nights of delicious desserts all lined up.
Pascha chocolate is not only delicious but it's nut, dairy, soy, egg, wheat and gluten free. That means if you're suffering from any specific allergies, this is the go-to chocolate for your diet! And unless you have an egg allergy or aren't eating sugar, this dessert is the perfect decadent treat for those who are limiting what they eat. Plus there are only 5 ingredients!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- raspberries for topping
- confectioners sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 6 ramekins.
- Whip egg whites in a stand mixer with whisk attachment until whites form stiff peaks. While egg whites are mixing, add chocolate and butter to a double boiler. Bring double boiler to a gentle boil and melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Set melted chocolate aside to cool.
- Place whipped egg whites in a separate bowl, wipe down mixing bowl and add in egg yolks and sugar. Cream with whisk attachment for 3-5 minutes.
- Grab chocolate and start whisking into egg yolk/sugar mix ¼ at a time until completely combined. Remove mixing bowl from stand mixer. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture gently until combined.
- Scoop batter into the ramekins and fill about ⅔rds to ¾ths full. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until tops start to crack. Pull out of the oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and raspberries before serving.
What's your favorite allergen-friendly dessert?