I was craving Nutella french toast the other day, and then I realized I didn’t even know if that was a real thing that exists. Have I ever actually had it before, or did my pregnant brain just make this genius concoction up? There must be some way to combine these two decadent flavors, right?
- 4 pieces bread
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Nutella
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Heat half the butter in a skillet.
- Beat together cream and butter.
- Spread Nutella onto two pieces of bread, reserving half for later. Top those pieces of bread with the remaining pieces of bread, like a sandwich.
- Dip Nutella-spread toast into the batter.
- Fry over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side.
- Top with remaining Nutella, butter and berries.
I found a couple Nutella french toast recipes online (the most similar to this was Food.com), and that’s where I came up with the idea to include the Nutella in between the two pieces of french toast. But I made my version…better. Okay, fattier! I’ve found that whipping cream makes the most indulgently flavorful french toast on the planet.
Mmmmm, these Nutella sandwiches are all ready for their skillet debut.
I like to use a LOT of batter for each piece of bread so it gets nice and fluffy. Plus, I use gluten-free bread which tends to be a bit on the dense side.
Lots and lots of butter in the pan helps this Nutella french toast get a nice, golden crust.
Finally, it’s time to slather it with the rest of the Nutella.
Throw some more butter on top, and your Nutella french toast will be allllll melty and delicious. You can also add maple syrup and even whipped cream to finish it off!