Raspberries have burst into season, making their juicy debut from mid-summer through fall. If you're looking for a way to use up a freshly-picked barrel of these bad boys, this raspberry dessert recipe will hit the spot.
All it requires is a box of any chocolate cake mix, some cream cheese, raspberries and a couple other baking essentials.
Some Boy loves raspberries, so I'm thinking I may surprise him with this treat as a send-off to kindergarten this year. I'm in complete denial that my biggest boy is headed to elementary school, so we'll just eat our feelings until the whole thing passes. That's the only way to handle life, obviously.
His favorite fruit plus my favorite chocolate cupcakes? Perfection.
- Your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, baked and cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, softened
- ½ cup fresh raspberries, mashed well
- additional fresh raspberries for garnish
- whipped cream for garnish
- sprinkles for garnish
- Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer for about 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time and beat until combined. Fold in raspberries. Place into a piping bag with an open tip.
- Remove paper liners from cupcakes and slice in half with a bread knife. Pipe raspberry filling onto the bottom half, making sure it oozes nicely out. Add the top and pipe more filling before adding sprinkles and whipped cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
I love that this recipe uses a bunch of raspberries in the filling…
…and you can toss a bunch around the plate for decoration.
Tasty, tasty decoration.
For another delicious raspberry recipe, check out our Nutella French Toast.
Do you have a favorite raspberry dessert, or do you simply eat them by the handful?