It’s football season! How the heck did that happen already? I was shopping for some snacks at Walmart the other day and the store was fully decked out in game day signage. So naturally, I picked up our own game day essentials: chips with dip and candy bars for football-shaped Snickers brownies.
Did you know that Snickers is an official sponsor of the NFL? I love making cute, easy football-themed recipes for games, and Snickers brownies are a perfect solution. Adding a layer of crushed SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis into any old brownie mix takes things up a notch, and people are always amazed when you take the effort to cut food into themed shapes. Little do they know that it took maybe an extra five or ten minutes to go from “regular old brownies” to awesome football Snickers brownies!
- ½ of a 40-oz package of Snickers NFL Minis
- Boxed brownie mix for a 9x13" pan, along with any necessary ingredients to make the brownies
- Football-shaped cookie cutter
- White Wilton candy melts
- Freeze and crush Snickers in a food processor or strong blender.
- Mix brownie mix according to the directions.
- Fill pan with half of the brownie mix.
- Layer crushed Snickers on top of the brownie mix.
- Top Snickers with remaining brownie mix.
- Bake according to brownie mix package directions, adding approximately 10 minutes. Snickers brownies are done when fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting into football shapes with the cookie cutter.
- Melt Wilton candy melts in a piping bag or Ziploc bag and pipe lace shapes onto footballs. Let candy dry completely before handling brownies.
Ghirardelli triple chocolate is my favorite brownie mix. It’s REALLY rich.
The key to these football Snickers brownies is to use the SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis as opposed to full-size (that way you don’t have to cut them) and freeze them thoroughly before blending. Otherwise they turn into a big sticky mess.
Don’t over-blend. You want some nice big chunks in there.
A layer of brownie mix, a layer of SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis, another layer of brownie mix. Easy! The SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis kind of melt into the brownies so don’t expect to see a big layer of Snickers after they’re done cooking, but you can taste it in there.
Let them cool completely after baking before cutting them into shapes with your football cookie cutter (my cookie cutter is from Wilton – I have their big assorted cookie cutter pack and it comes in SO handy). I use a knife to gently pry the shape up.
I melt my candy melts on half power at 30 second intervals until they’re the right consistency. If it’s too thick it’ll glop up, but if it’s too thin it won’t make straight lines. Be patient with it.
Voila! Snickers brownies shaped like little footballs.
Naturally, I saved the rest of the SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis for game day. Nate and Brian like to sort out their favorite teams and have a mini football head-to-head. They’re kind of weird.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and SNICKERS® Brand #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.