Spring is here! I love spring. It’s so full hope, cozy draped sweaters and bare shoulders. Particularly in SoCal, this spring means a few clear-cut rules that the community as a whole are pretty darn thankful for:
- Cute shoes. Your fleece-lined UGGS and slippers are awesomely comfortable for the house, but they are NOT date night attire. I don’t know why this seems to be an ongoing issue in my neck of the woods.
- Pastels and bright white. You can all emerge from your black-and-grey hideout now. It’s beautiful over here in the colorful world.
- Button-down shirts. Give me a button-down shirt and I can match it with just about anything. Skirt, pants, dress. No problem.
- Skirts. Those of you who have been SO unnerved by the legging trend now have another option. I’m not making any promises that you’ll be seeing less of MY spandex-covered butt, but at least the fashion tides seem to be turning your way.
- Striped pants, giant bangles, crazy patterns and other Spanish-inspired looks. ¡Ole!
Macy’s Spring Fashion Events
It’s easy to get out of the fashion loop when you’re busy with kids and cooking and other real-life duties, so I make a point to attend fashion events at least once per season to get updated on the hottest new looks. Macy’s offers some amazing in-store opportunities, and their upcoming spring fashion series promise the best of the best in spring essentials and accessories.
Locals can head to the Women’s Ready to Wear Department, Level 2 at The Oaks Shopping Center (my old high school shopping grounds!) in Thousand Oaks, California on April 5th at 2pm.
Other locations include:
- Macy’s Plaza Las Americas – San Juan, Puerto Rico on March 29 at 1pm
- Macy’s Westfield Countryside Mall – Clearwater, FL on April 5 at 2pm
- Macy’s Dallas Galleria – Dallas, TX on April 5 at 2pm
- Macy’s South Hills Village Mall – Bethel Park, PA on April 12 at 2pm
- Macy’s Southdale Center – Edina, MN on April 12 at 2pm
- Macy’s Easton Town Center – Columbus, OH on April 12 at 2pm
- Macy’s Castleton Square Mall – Indianapolis, IN on April 12 at 2pm
- Macy’s South River Road – Bedford, NH on April 12 at 2pm
- Macy’s Colonie Center – Albany, NY on April 12 at 2pm
- Macy’s Cumberland Mall – Atlanta, GA on April 19 at 2pm
- Macy’s The Somerset Collection – Troy, MI on April 26 at 2pm
- Macy’s St. Louis Galleria – St. Louis, MO on April 26 at 2pm
- Macy’s Washington Square – Portland, OR on April 26 at 2pm
- Macy’s Boca Raton Town Center – Boca Raton, FL on April 26 at 2pm
What are your favorite spring fashion rules?