Do you ever have those moments as a mom where you totally overreact to something so silly? Yeah, me too. Running a business and a blog from home while watching my kiddo and keeping the house afloat sometimes takes its toll on me. I have been making sure to be more aware of these instances and have learned a few ways to stay calm as a mom.
These things can also be true for dad”s. I am just speaking from personal experience on the things that have totally helped me to stay calm.
1. Be Silent : I have caught myself raising my voice or yelling at my girl for the silliest little things. Getting upset and raising my voice has had no impact on my child. More often than not, I get a better reaction from her for being silent. Giving “the look” has worked better than an overreaction. It takes a lot more energy to get upset than it does to stay silent.
2. Count to 10 : Something that I am learning to do is counting to 10 before reacting. This gives me time to stay level and gives my kiddo a chance to cool out. Kids don”t listen while they are behaving badly and they really need to be in a calm state of mind to learn what it is they did wrong.
3. Get Fresh Air : There is something about the outside fresh air that helps to calm my mind. I try to keep the house opened up well in the daytime so there is always fresh air flowing through.
4. Meditate : I love waking up before my kiddo so I can grab a few minutes of peace and quite before my day starts. This really helps get me through the crazy days and helps to keep me calm. The difference of waking up to a toddler yelling “mommy!!” and me getting myself up is tremendous.
5. Breathe : When all else fails – I just breathe. Deep breaths in and out helps to stable my mind and create an automatic calmness.
What do you do to stay calm as a mom?