Fall is here, months filled with ghosts and goblins and delicious pumpkin and apple recipes! From sweet, cinnamon-crusted mini pies to savory meat dishes chock full of protein, apple recipes abound for occasions from Halloween to Thanksgiving and on into Christmas and New Years. My favorite apple recipes, though, are the ones made in the early morning just for my family: caramely oatmeal and crumbly breakfast bars. Then there are the drinks! Warm, smooth tea with spicy nutmeg or spiked cider to warm your hands around during a late-night movie. Yes, apple recipes are a true sign of the season.
I've gathered my favorite apple recipes that pack a powerful punch of flavor in some traditional favorite and new, unexpected ways. Try a healthy take on a tried-and-true sweet with a smoothie that tastes like an apple pie in a glass, or shake up your seasonal squash soup with brown butter, paprika and a good old gala.
Apple Recipes to Cuddle Up with by the Fire
Delicious, Fuji, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp or Cameo. Any of the thousands of varieties can find a place among these eclectic and varied apple recipes that we've brought together for our readers. Toss the crispy fruit together with tangy blue cheese for a perfect pizza, or you can even stick some slices between the bread of your next grilled cheese sandwich. How about apple recipes for your own homemade cider or syrup? You can even try a twist on some fried finger foods, with apple fries and apple rings.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apples – sweeten up those vegetables
- Apple Pie Grilled Cheese – why not stick some apples in your sandwich?
- Roasted Carrot-Apple Soup with Paprika Brown Butter – mmmm, brown butter
- Skinny Apple Pie Smoothie – like an apple pie, through a straw
- Apple Pie Taquitos – bite-sized!
- Goat Cheese Baked Apple – I'm drooling
- Pork Loin with Apple Cranberry and Walnut Stuffing – pork is always better with apple
- Sangria with Pomegranate, Vanilla and Apples – spice it up!
- Apple Fries – better than potatoes
- Apple Rings – better than onions
- Maple Apple, Blue Cheese and Bacon Pizza – combining all the best stuff into a pizza
- Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar – nothing better, and there are SO many uses for apple cider vinegar!
- All Night Crockpot Apple Butter – for when you have an overabundance of apples
- Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bake – soft and crumbly like baked oatmeal, these are a good weekend breakfast
- Apple Cider Syrup – pour it over pancakes or Belgian waffles
- Caramel Apple Bars with Crumbly Oatmeal Streusel – this recipe's my own!
- Cute Apple Face Kids' Snack – another of my own inventions
- Baked apple chips – a classic favorite
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies – shaking up this tried-and-true pick
- Carrot Apple Bread – I'm loving these unique spins
- Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices – Kinda like caramel apples, but easier to eat
- Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather – my boys love this stuff
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls – try this for breakfast
- Apple Pie Pancakes – more breakfast goodness
- Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts – these are from my amazingly-talented pal Rachel
- Apple Cheddar Muffins – fruit and cheese sounds weird, but it's SO good
- Apple Peanut Butter Cookies – take those cookies up a notch
- Baked Apple Donuts – they have fruit and they're baked instead of fried so they're healthier than the usual!
- Apple Pecan Rosemary Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad – the recipe name is a mouthful, but this mouthful is packed full of flavor
- Broccoli Apple Salad – one of the only ways my kids will eat broccoli
- Creamy Maple Brie and Cheddar Apple Soup – more fruit and cheese together
- Mini Caramel Apples – bite-sized
- Apple scrap jelly – put those extra bits to good use
That Goat Cheese Baked Apple recipe and Pork Loin with Apple Cranberry and Walnut Stuffing are tops on my list to try next time we have company. I also love the idea for a Sangria with Pomegranate, Vanilla and Apples as a nice change from traditional egg nog or fruit punch.
Do you have any favorite seasonal apple recipes?