I have officially combined all the best meal flavors into a single dish. BBQ chicken pasta meets bacon meets your family's super-satisfied mouths. Hearty, carbalicious backyard cookout-style flavor with a smattering of smoky meat. All in about 20 minutes.
No-Mess BBQ Chicken Pasta
- 5 slices bacon diced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 package McCormick Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken Skillet Sauce
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz rotini pasta
- Heat dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat and brown bacon. Drain half the drippings.
- Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add package McCormick Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken Skillet Sauce, canned tomato sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and add uncooked pasta. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
We're working with McCormick to promote their new skillet sauces, which I've been relying on heavily in recent days. Since baby Minion arrived, finding time to cook has been a challenge. Three kids under four years old means I need to use as many shortcuts in the kitchen as humanly possible!
McCormick's packets take care of the seasoning and liquid, with suggestions on the package for which meat and/or veggies to add in order to make it a complete meal. Perfect for weeknights when you haven't planned in advance and don't want to deal with a mess.
I like to get a little creative with the packets, using skillet sauce as a jumping-off point for whatever ingredients I have on hand. Mix it up a little! That's how I got the idea for this BBQ Chicken Pasta.
I had McCormick Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken Skillet Sauce on-hand. But instead of tossing it with chicken and calling it a day, I was inspired to use it as a pasta base. Add in some noodles and a little extra bacon and you have a super-hearty BBQ Chicken Pasta.
If you've never had BBQ Chicken Pasta and perhaps think I'm nuts for combining outdoorsy barbecue with family-favorite noodles, I dare you to give it a try. You'll be a convert. This one even won over my skeptical husband.
Did I mention it all cooks up in a single pot? Not only can you bookmark this BBQ Chicken Pasta as a go-to option when you need dinner in a hurry, it's also good for getting fed and getting on with the day with minimal clean-up.
It's like the kitchen clouds have parted. And they're covered in barbecue sauce.