All I want to do right now is eat. It could be because the cooler weather forces me inside this time of year and I have an inherent bear-like need to hibernate, becoming fat and jolly just in time for Christmas. Or it may that the pregnancy hormones are driving ALL my decision-making lately. The really unfortunate thing is that I absolutely do not feel like doing any dishes, and the OBGYN keeps telling me I need to make healthy choices due to the baby's blood sugar and whatnot. It all presents quite the conundrum. How can I satisfy my cravings healthfully without making a mess? The answer: one pot meals.
I've rounded up my favorite comforting one pot paleo options from around the web to give you lots of lazy cooking options. Best of all, these won't totally tank your holiday physique. So throw on those fuzzy slippers, kick back and spend all your extra time cuddled up by the fire since you won't be slaving over late-night dishes. Or reward yourself with a one pot paleo dessert (oh yes, I've included a couple of those as well!).
I've been out of the paleo groove lately – and feeling totally sluggish as a result – so I'm hoping to kick things back into high gear after I have this kid. Loading up on a bunch of fresh ingredients for these one pot meals, prepping them ahead of time and plopping them in the freezer should hopefully help me stop all the snacking. I like to do it all in bulk and then thaw, cook and eat. No muss, no fuss, and not many dishes to stress over.
- Paleo Potato & Bacon “Pancake” Recipe – we make this for “brinner” (breakfast dinner for the win!)
- Eggroll in a Bowl – easy, healthy and awesome leftovers
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet – all my favorite pizza toppings, in a skillet
- 30 Minute Clean Thai Turkey Zucchini Meatballs – so delicious, and no big mess to clean up afterwards
- Turkey and Vegetable Skillet – I bet this would be delicious with leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet – I like to top this dish with crumbled bacon
- Paleo Crockpot Beef and Broccoli – no fuss, just like I used to pick up on the way home from work (except this is WAY healthier).
- Spaghetti squash and meatballs – as the recipe author says, this is “stupid easy”
- “Creamy” Crockpot Chicken and Tomato Soup – warming on a cold winter day
- Paleo Minestrone Soup – truly one-pot (unlike a lot of other minestrone recipes I've seen that require separate browning of the meat)
- Paleo Pizookie – yeah, I'll be having this for breakfast
- Clean Eating Chocolate Skillet Cake – so simple, so good
Some of my favorites in this one pot roundup include the kielbasa and cabbage skillet, spaghetti squash and meatballs and skillet chocolate cake. Talk about a one pot slam dunk!