I love making cheese balls for parties and holidays, but if you really think about it, the communal dish is a little weird. Having everyone dip into the same plate repeatedly can be slightly less than appetizing. I like to make mini cheese balls so everyone has their own, individualized serving. Plus, they make a neat little display among all the other appetizers.
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Mexican Style Cheese Blend
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp grates lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 package crackers for serving
- Mix together the cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest and garlic salt.
- Form the cheese into 3/4-inch balls.
- Refrigerate mini cheese balls for four hours to harden.
- Roll half the balls in bacon and half the balls in the walnuts.
- Serve with crackers.
In a food processor, mix together the cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest and garlic salt.
With slightly moistened hands, form the cheese into small balls, approximately 3/4-inch in diameter. Refrigerate for four hours to harden.
Roll half the balls in bacon and half the balls in the walnuts. If the topping doesn't stick well, use your fingers to press it into the ball slightly.
Serve with crackers.