That's right. There'll be no New Years resolutions for me.
Just say NO New Years Resolutions
I don't make resolutions because inevitably something gets in the way and then I feel like I've let myself down. It's all very counter-productive. My life is too hectic to be “resolving” to do anything other than keeping my babies, my dog, my husband and myself happy and healthy. I resolved to write this post two days ago and, well, you see how that turned out. So, no New Years resolutions for me!
I'm More of a List Person, Afterall
What does work for me is keeping lists. I keep endless lists on my desktop, my phone, my craft table, my refrigerator. None of them have a particular deadline and they're totally disorganized, but it helps my personal progress to keep a running list of tasks that I intend to get to someday. So here are my current lists for 2013.
- Finish unpacking
- Hang pictures
- Paint the fireplace
- Paint the kitchen
- Paint the bedroom
- Paint the wall borders
- Buy and paint hutches for craft room
- Window treatments – living room, bedroom, boys room
- Move boys to the back bedroom when Brian moves out
- Fireplace cover
- Pool fence
- Fix the back gate
- Fix the electric gate
- Update the mailbox
- Raise chickens
- Get goats?
- Start a garden
- Build a garage
- Paint the sheds?
- Install master bathroom
- Root cellar
- Update living room fireplace
- Wood stove in bedroom
- Submit my recipes to be indexed by Google
- Install Passionfruit ads manager so I don't spend as much time emailing back and forth with advertisers
- Delete unused image files that are slowing down my site
- Fix my blog's heading structure to make it more SEO-friendly
- Add interest to the sidebar. Seriously, it's so boring over there.
- Make the menu easier to navigate. It's kind of a cluster up there at the top, isn't it?
- Don't work when Nate is home. Hire a virtual assistant?
- Work on my book
- Continue tackling my Live Fully list
My Latest Project
Speaking of my Live Fully list, one thing I'm crossing off this year is Be Someone's Mentor. I've just helped my sister launch her new blog, Ghetto Lattes, and I'll be mentoring her through the blogging process in the coming months. Go check out Ghetto Lattes and leave a comment while you're there!
What about you? Are you the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants no New Years resolutions type like me, or do you like to set clear, attainable goals?