I love cookies…especially when I don't have to spend hours baking them. These snickerdoodle cookies (also known as cinnamon cookies), are just like regular sugar cookies coated with cinnamon. They're quick, super-easy, and use ingredients that you're bound to have in your cabinets. This is my go-to recipe when I need a dessert for a potluck in a hurry.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
5 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1) Mix together butter and shortening in a large bowl. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2) Blend flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Blend into the creamed mixture.
3) In a small bowl, blend the sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon cookie coating.
4) Shape rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and roll into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
5) Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
This is yet another recipe courtesy of my fabulous mother-in-law, Heidi. Everyone should be fortunate enough to have in-laws like mine!