I have a few go-to recipes that I use for almost every social function that are easy, quick, easy, filling fan favorites and easy. Did I mention that I prefer easy recipes? Well, I do. Being the ultimate “mom-hack” that I am, I prefer to spend my time elsewhere (like facebook! ha!) and not on difficult recipes and crafts.
I have made this particular 7-layer dip recipe dozens of times. It is super easy, super quick and super delicious. That and it’s always the first dip to be demolished at any of our get togethers!
32 oz Canned Beans
1 packet Taco Seasoning
16 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I even use pre-shredded cheese)
8-12 oz Sour Cream
Green Onions – chopped
1/4 head Lettuce – chopped
1 jar Salsa – your favorite kind
1 sml can Olives – sliced
– Mix canned beans and taco seasoning in a medium sized bowl. Place bean/seasoning mixture in your serving dish, spread with a spatula. I used a footed trifle bowl for my 7-layer dip presentation. I have also used regular bowls and casserole dishes. I like using glass so that you can see the layers of the tip. This layer is the most important to be level, so take your time.
– Spread sour cream on top of bean mixture with spatula
– Spread salsa on top of sour cream with spoon
– Spread shredded cheese on top of sour cream
– Spread lettuce on top of cheese
– Spread green onions on top of lettuce
– Spread sliced olives on top of it all
Insider Tip: I have found that it is important to place the dense ingredients on the bottom of the dish and to make sure the lettuce is not on top of the “wet” ingredients or it will get soggy.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
I recently made this best ever 7-layer dip for a Superbowl Party and it was a fan favorite. Besides the gorgeous presentation, the dip is really quite delish. And you can’t complain about how easy it is to make!