Well it's been decided and the big game is just a week away! So of course instead of football I'm thinking about the appetizers I'll be serving during the game. And this hot spinach and artichoke dip recipe is a must try!
Plus, because there's spinach and artichokes in it I can call it healthy, right?
If you're looking for a great dip with tons of flavor then this is the one for you! Your guests will be raving about it long after the game has been played.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained well*) OR 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- dash of cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large skillet heat butter on medium high. Once melted add minced garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add spinach to the pan and toss a bit to let the garlic and butter soak in. Remove spinach and garlic from the pan but leave the liquid/butter mixture. Set spinach aside in a large bowl.
- Add artichokes in the liquid/butter mixture and heat for 1-2 minutes. Remove artichokes and place them in the bowl with the spinach.
- Add cream cheese to the pan and stir continuously until cream cheese is melted and creamy. Add shredded Parmesan and cayenne pepper, stir. Cook until Parmesan is fully melted then pour over spinach and artichokes.
- Stir to combine then add sour cream and mayo to the mix. Spread batter into a 9×9 baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, until top is slightly browned and bubbling.
- Serve hot with crackers, bread, or chips!
* Tip: Grab 2-3 paper towels and layer them on top of one another. Put the thawed frozen spinach on top of the paper towels and squeeze very well to drain the spinach completely.