UPDATE: I'm reposting these pumpkin mousse cups as part of our Halloween series! An oldie but a goodie, these are still a family favorite for the fall season.
I haven't been able to work with my hands enough lately. I love getting in the kitchen, digging into a craft or a tutorial and creating something. So I set aside a day to get back to that, and this was the result. Emoji desserts and pumpkin mousse cups!
More specifically, poop emojis. Poop emojis are all the rage lately. And what's not to love about edible poop that your kids will go nuts for?
These were so absurdly simple, I feel weird offering up a recipe because they could really be made with any sort of boxed mix or homemade recipe or even instant pudding.
But for the sake of avoiding a bunch of emails, here ya go.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup sugar or Swerve substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 drops yellow food coloring, (optional)
- 4 ounces canned pumpkin, (optional)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder, (optional)
- 1 bag pretzel sticks
- 1 sheet each of black, white and yellow construction paper
- glue dots
- clear plastic cups
- Whip the cream from one can coconut cream (removing liquid) together with the sugar and vanilla on medium for one minute.
- For yellow emoji, beat in a few drops of yellow food coloring.
- For pumpkin emoji, beat in canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- For poop emoji, beat in cocoa powder.
- Cut out emoji faces and glue onto cups. Insert pretzel stick to act as the pumpkin stem.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
I left the emoji face-cutting up to the oldest kid, who is ALL about the scissors lately. I don't know what sort of sadistic impulse causes them to turn 5 or 6-ish and suddenly decide they need to cut holes in all the things (including our couch, their bed sheets and a brand new shirt or two) but I've found that it sorts itself out as long as I keep them stocked with construction paper.
For the poop emoji, I scooped the mousse into a quart-sized bag and snipped off the end and piped it into a swirly little poop shape. The pumpkin mousse ones – since I used real pumpkin in there – are a bit more liquidy.
Pretzel sticks serve as the perfect little stem.
With so many potential varieties and an easy mousse base, these could be whipped up in a ton of different colors and expressions for an emoji party theme! Now that we've mastered “meh,” “pumpkin mousse” and “poop,” I think I might try my hand at “tears of joy,” “heart eyes” and “kissy face.”
What's your favorite emoji?