Sometimes we can get a little rushed in the mornings with getting ready for school and for the day. So we need great breakfast ideas for kids that not only are easy, but are something they'll eat. These Sausage Pancake Bites are something I can make ahead on a Sunday and then just pop in the toaster oven on a weekday for a simple and delicious breakfast.
The kids absolutely love them and they pair perfectly with a cup of fruit for a breakfast that takes less than 5 minutes to reheat. It's the perfect solution for a hectic Monday morning scramble to get everyone out the door!
They also work great for kid-friendly brunches as well. We've served them up at playdates quite a few times and the kids and moms both love them. Plus, they're sweet on their own and really don't need syrup so it's a win-win!
Sausage Pancake Bites
What you'll need:
- pancake mix, prepared
- pre-cooked sausage links
- mini muffin pan
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with mini cupcake liners.
2. Cut up sausage links into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Scoop batter into pan. Fill about 2/3rds of the way up.
4. Place sausage links in the middle of the batter.
5. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until pancakes have puffed up and batter is completely cooked. Serve with fruit (and maple syrup if you need it).