I mentioned awhile back that the oldest boy has started preschool. He's been learning so much that I decided to enroll the middle kid as well. Now I'm REALLY looking to kick lunch up a notch to keep my dudes excited about the changes in their lives! Little reminders that I'm thinking about them can ease the transition. I remember how much tasty midday snacks meant to me as a kid, with sweet handwritten notes in my lunchbox.
A gesture as quick and easy as tic tac toe pizza can go a long way.
- 14 ounce package of pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 slices Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 6 ounce package Canadian bacon
- Divide pizza dough into 4 square pieces and bake 7 minutes at 400 degrees, or per package instructions.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto pizza dough and spread evenly to edges.
- Divide Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese into 1/8-inch thick strings and lay 4 across each pizza dough square in the form of a typical tic tac toe board.
- Lay the pineapple chunks out in the form of "X"s and cut the Canadian bacon pieces into small circles to serve as "O"s.
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Serving Size:1 mini pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 997mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 20g
I actually whip up homemade dough for this because it is SO easy.
Saputo Cheese USA, Inc asked me to make a recipe with their Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese and I immediately thought of this tic tac toe pizza.
String cheese is a lot easier to manipulate than mozzarella, and melts just as well.
You can use mini pepperoni pieces in place of Canadian bacon, if you want. They're sold at most supermarkets so they're easy to find, but I prefer a genuine Hawaiian pizza with my pineapple bits. Plus, I like incorporating different foods for the kids whenever possible.
Hungry? Make this tic tac toe pizza for lunch, or pin it for later!
This food craft was created in connection with my agreement as a contributor to Saputo Cheese USA Inc.