And now, it is time to take a tour of our bathroom.
Thrilling, I know.
Chelsea and I are still sharing the guest bathroom. You remember, the one that requires us to tromp through the living room in our towel. Friends and family who come to visit just love that they get dinner AND a show.
Making peace with the fact that we’re not going to get a master bathroom installed anytime soon, we went ahead and rearranged the hell out this one’s cabinet space. Here are our best tips for under-the-counter bathroom organization.
Bathroom Organization So You Can Actually Reach Your Stuff
1. Store stuff on the cabinet doors. We hooked some baskets onto the insides of the cabinet doors – the same ones we installed in the boys’ shower.
2. Group related items. Chelsea has all of her hair stuff hung up on one side. That basket holds her clips and other girly doodads.
3. Go high. Take advantage of space up by the sink to stash stuff you don’t use frequently.
4. Store cleaning supplies in the bathroom. That way, you might actually use them on a regular basis. We put Zep Quick Clean Disinfectant in here because it works well in the bathroom: it kills 99.9% of bacteria including rhinovirus and flu virus. On top of cleaning and disinfecting, it leaves the bathroom smelling nice. Funny story, actually. Our sink clogged recently and when we unscrewed it to clear it, gross bathroom gunk and hair stuff got all over the place under here. Chelsea had the exciting task of cleaning it up and I was like, “How convenient that you just put that there and get to use it right away!”
Okay, maybe I’m the only one who thought that was funny. I have a weird sense of humor.
5. Use baskets. Instead of placing things haphazardly around the open area, baskets can corral things so you can pull them out easily and place them on top of the sink for easier access without digging around. In case you’re wondering, this tub holds the sum total of all my stuff.
Are you in the middle of bathroom organization? Pin this to remind yourself of some easy tricks!