I've been all about the kid's crafts lately. They're fun, they're cute, they're easy. Trace your son or daughter's hand in brown construction paper, add some googly eyes and pipe cleaner antlers and let them go to town with the markers. Your kids will be SO proud seeing their own little handprint reindeer hanging from the Christmas tree.
Handprint Reindeer Kid Craft
- Trace your child's hand on the construction paper and cut it out.
- Using the black marker, color in the very end of each finger and draw a nose on the tip of the thumb.
- Glue a googly eye where the reindeer eye would go, on the thumb above the black nose.
- Hole punch a hole at the top of the reindeer's back and right above the eye.
- In the hole near the eye, loop a gold pipe cleaner. Bend it to look like antlers.
- In the hole at the top of the back, loop a black pipe cleaner to serve as a hanger.
Tada! Handprint reindeer for the win. You could make a whole crew of handprint reindeers to pull Santa's sleigh, and even make Santa himself to lead the team.
Do you make handprint crafts with your kids?