The Super Bowl is coming up and in our house, that means it is time for snack wars. Everybody has their preferred Super Bowl go-to: Nate wants something salty, the kids want something sweet, and I simply require anything and everything covered-in or wrapped-up-with BACON. This white chocolate bacon snack mix is our solution.
I used to try the whole snackadium thing, creating a mini stadium out of snacks. That's adorable and has a certain appeal for parties, but I really don't have the energy to go to that much trouble every year. Most of our Super Bowl-watching days are a more casual affair, spent over at Oma and Opa's house, and a quick snack mix is all we need to complete the experience.
Game Day's Better with White Chocolate Bacon Awesomeness
I've shared with you guys before that football is kind of a big deal to Nate's family. He and his dad both played at NCAA colleges in California. Not at the same one, though. So things sometimes get a little…competitive. From college to pros, they're not always rooting for the same team, which is pretty dang hilarious for the rest of us to observe.
At least they can agree that they both love my snack mix.
- 1 package FLIPZ® White Fudge Covered pretzels 5-ounce
- 1 cup popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup white candy melts
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the candy melts and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Microwave candy melts and coconut oil together for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between intervals, until they're melted.
- Drizzle white candy mixture over the rest of the ingredients and stir until completely coated.
- Let cool ten minutes.
The recipe was inspired by our whole family's love for our sponsor FLIPZ®, a sweet and salty combo that's a guaranteed winner.
It's a good thing to have on-hand when someone's a little upset that their team is losing!
We're actually all pretty good sports about it at the end of the day. I'm really happy to have the kids growing up with such a positive group of people teaching them the ups and downs of sportsmanship.
Pin this white chocolate bacon snack mix for later!
How does your family celebrate the big game?