We love a good salad. Ahi tuna salad with spring mix, southwestern steak and romaine, warm spinach with bacon and feta.
I try to make sure our family has salad as a main course at least once a week. When I mention this to friends, they always look at me with surprise because they view us as the “protein people.” We're outspoken about Paleo meal planning and we LOVE our barbecue like a third child. But it's not all hamburger patties and chicken breasts around here!
When you do salad right, it's a wholesome meal in itself. These are the things that most people order out, but they're so simple and satisfying to create at home.
It's such a good experience to go together and get prime ingredients for a nice recipe like ahi tuna salad at the market. To focus on the food. To experience the joy of cooking with your family.
Ahi Tuna Salad with Avocado-Lime Sauce
Gently-seasoned, perfectly-cooked ahi pairs with a buttery sauce for the most mouthwatering salad ever.
- 3 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 European cucumber, diced or shaved into long strips
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 6- ounce sushi-quality tuna steak
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces candied ginger
- Divide the lettuce and cucumber onto two plates.
- Blend the garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, avocado and 2 Tbsp olive oil in a blender. It will be thick.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high and coat with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Season the tuna steak generously with salt and pepper and sear in the hot oil for 1 minute on each side.
- Slice the tuna into 1/4-inch strips and place on lettuce mix. Top with avocado-lime sauce.
- Grate candied ginger on top of salad and serve.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 706Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1754mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 12gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g
I challenge you, readers, to go this week and create a salad that you'd normally order at a restaurant. Use fresh ingredients and get in the kitchen with a loved one.
If you can afford it and are really passionate about cooking, a Blendtec whips up dressing into a creamy sauce. I love mine because it's so simple to create restaurant-quality dining experiences at the push of a button. The Magic Bullet is also quite good, and very inexpensive.
The first time I made ahi tuna salad, I made the mistake of slicing the tuna and trying to sear each piece individually. Many people make the same mistake with sirloin. The tuna should be kept whole and flash-seared from cold for just about a minute on each side and THEN sliced and served immediately.
Don't forget to pin our ahi tuna salad recipe for later!
4 thoughts on “Ahi Tuna Salad with Avocado-Lime Sauce”
wow that looks amazing, i must try this out. thanks for the great recipe
Looks like a wonderful recipe. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I’ve Been Featured button. Thanks. https://diybydesign.blogspot.com
What an inventive recipe!
Comments are closed.